The Binford I Can, Too! Center at The San Diego Public Library Downtown offers a range of services for children with special needs. Open seven days a week, The Binford I Can, Too! Center is located in the children's section on the ground floor. 2 hour parking at the library is free (with validation). When visiting, please check in with the librarian at the children's desk for assistance.
- SARA Reader: short for Scanning and Reading Appliance, this reader works like a computer scanner to recognize text in print materials, translates it into speech then reads the text aloud.
- Optelec ClearView: a 22" desktop video magnifier. Read books, finish puzzles, look at pictures easily with the touch of a button.
- EZsee Keyboard: a large print keyboard that provides easy to see computer keys, low profile designs and extra large key legends for greater visibility and efficiency.
- Adjustable height tables
- Assistive Mouse/Ball Tracking
- ZoomText Magnifier: an advanced screen magnification program that enlarges and enhances everything on the computer screen, making your computer easier to see and use.
- JAWS: as the world's most popular screen reading software, JAWS enables people with vision loss to independently use a computer with a keyboard, speech or Braille display. Tasks such as writing documents, emailing or navigating the internet are made possible with this program.
- Read & Write: Literacy software used daily to support those with learning difficulties or requiring dyslexia tools. This toolbar assists users with features such as text-to-speech for reading comprehension, handy text and picture dictionaries to broaden vocabulary, providing word predictions to help develop writing skills and more!
- Book collection in both Large Print and Braille
- Sensory Integration Kits: For children on the spectrum, our kits are packed with various goodies to channel their energy, regulate emotions and improve concentration.
For other questions or concerns, call 619-238-6664 or email Children's Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Monday||9:30 a.m - 7 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9:30 a.m - 7 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9:30 a.m - 7 p.m.|
|Thursday||9:30 a.m - 7 p.m.|
|Friday||9:30 a.m - 6 p.m.|
|Saturday||9:30 a.m - 6 p.m.|
|Sunday||Noon - 6 p.m.|